Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Timesnatching isn't exactly rocket science," said the commander. Jack looked up and frowned. "It is where I come from."  Available at Amazon.com

I started writing "Timesnatched" in 2011. The youngest of my eight children had just gotten married, and I wondered to myself, "Okay, what's next?" I knew I wanted to start a new book, this time a trilogy and wondered what was selling. It didn't take long to discover that time travel was more popular than ever. But, that genre could be complicated. I mean, getting time continuums all tangled up could be a daunting problem if I wasn't smart about  it. But, that was just the point! Why not create a story where time continuums/time trails get so hopelessly intertwined that it creates a story not only entertaining but even a bit mind-boggling? As for the characters, I would create my protagonist and call him after my dad, Jack. That was a no-brainer. Jack can handle anything. And, if he gets in over his head, he will just have to deal with the consequences. This happens a few times. 

I wish I had a picture of Jack--he's 17 years old, has steel-gray eyes, dark hair, athletic build (he plays high school football) and is the "jock" type only minus that snobby personality. Oh, I know those kinds of guys--they would hang out at my high school's trophy case in the main lobby and check out all the girls as they walked by. No, Jack is the type to have better things to do. He's always busy. And, he's kind. And, he's a farm boy, so not much time for girls, even though he likes them. I guess he's a bit shy, too.

No, the picture on the front cover is not Jack. It's someone else. And, yes, you have to read the book to find out who it is. Go ahead--read it. And, there are some other cool characters--The book starts out introducing Nicolas Wycliffe.  I'll tell you about Nicolas, only not today. Maybe tomorrow.  (B.D.Boyle)


No comments:

Post a Comment